See these lovely lights? Can you guess what they're made out of? Tin cans. Yes, really. I think they'd be so gorgeous as centerpieces or luminaries at an evening reception. Find the tutorial from Homemade Mamas here.
August 25, 2010
August 18, 2010
August 16, 2010
August 11, 2010
If the mini cobblers from last week weren't quite your style, please consider these Mini Cherry Cheesecakes from Bakerella.
I've actually made these for a party celebrating a friend's engagement and they were incredibly easy, super tasty, and totally stole all the attention away from the other foods there. If the red doesn't "go" with your whole color scheme, get creative with the topping (I topped mine with a chocolate dipped strawberry and some drizzled white chocolate to go with her pink, black, and white wedding). Find the recipe here.
August 9, 2010
This is the first of three posts featuring unique men's wedding bands. Keep your eyes open for parts 2 and 3.
Men's Rings: Part 1
Price Point: $125-200
August 6, 2010
This is the fourth and final installment of a series of Japanese inspired weddings. Take a look at part one: Cherry Blossoms, part two: Bamboo, and part three: Waves.
Crimson and Gold Japanese Wedding Board
1. I love pretty much everything about this cake.
2. This gown's flattering cut and kimono-esque sleeves make it simply stunning.
3. These paper fortune cookies have a custom message tucked inside.
4. Wrapped in black ribbon, this unique bouquet of orchids is sure to stand out.
5. Kanzashi hair pins like these are used in traditional Japanese hairstyles.
6. Let your bridesmaids look almost as stunning as you in this kimono inspired dress found here.
7. A boutonniere of cymbidium orchids and equisetum look refined without feeling feminine.
8. These amazing cuff links are made from recycled scrabble tiles and would make an awesome groomsman gift.
9. These highly detailed golden fan earrings would make the perfect finishing touch to your wedding day look.
I hope you've enjoyed this series and that you've gotten some ideas that will make your day truly lovely. Keep your eyes open for a new series starting next week that's all about the groom.
August 4, 2010
This one is especially for you DeeLovely Brides planning a wedding for this fall- Let me show you the cutest, most brilliant favor/dessert idea I have seen in a LONG while. Feast your eyes on these individual servings of blueberry cobbler.